The primary mission of the library is to support the educational and research programs of the Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the institute. The secondary mission is, to serve as a resource center for the scholars and scientific community of the Veterinary and Animal Husbandry arena. This library offers services such as Web-oriented services, Online and Offline content searches, Reference and Referral Services, Circulation Service including Inter Library Loan and Document Delivery Service, CAS & SDI display of recent additions of periodicals and books, Literature search, Internet Browsing, Consultancy Service , User guidance & education etc.
Books are classified and arranged as per Dewey Decimal Classification(DDC).
OPAC - Computerized Open Access Catalogue is available to locate the Documents. The library has been using “Koha” , an open source software for day to day Library Management operations.
All students , faculty and other staff can be registered as Library Members through submitting application in the prescribed format provided from the library.
|Category||Books permitted||Loan Period|
|Diploma Students||05||10 days|
|UG Students (BVSc)||05||10 days|
|PG & PhD||05||10 days|
- Overdue charge @ Rs.10/- per day per book after the due date will be collected for the late returns.
- Two consecutive renewal of book is permitted, if the particular book is not on demand by other members. Physical presence of book is essential at the time of renewal.
- Books of high demand will be issued only for shorter period as per the discretion of the Librarian.
- Any library documents on loan may be recalled at any time by the Librarian irrespective of the loan period or category of the user.
- Before leaving the counter, the member must ensure that the Book issued to him/her is in good condition and the member will be responsible for any damage discovered at the time of returning the book.
- Damage/Loss of book on loan should be immediately reported to the Librarian in writing.
- Loss of Borrowers’ Ticket should be reported to the Librarian immediately.
- Members are liable to surrender all Borrowers’ Tickers at the time of closure of membership to obtain final Non Liability Certificate from the Library.
- The library opens on all working days from 09 AM to 07 PM & on Holidays 09 AM to 01 PM.
- Circulation(ISSUE/Return of Books) – 10.00 a.m to 6.00 pm (only on working days).